Meet Your Local Farmer During the Pemberton Slow Food Cycle - Aug 21, 2016
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2016
Slow Food Cycle is an opportunity to visit the grass roots farms
that bring you locally grown B.C food. The event brings together
locals and visitors, for a wonderful pedal powered adventure up the
Pemberton Meadows. A 50 kilometre / 31-mile ride that
you can do at your own pace and cycle some or all of the
Participants will have the chance to visit 15 local farms and
businesses during their ride. Each vendor offers an array of goods
such including local produce, crafts, art, treats, beverages, juice
bars, snack shacks, clothing & jewellery and more.
- This is a cash only event
- Make sure to bring a basket, buggy or bags to haul your
- Registration can be done prior to the event online
- Pemberton can get mighty hot during the summer, check the
weather and bring sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Don't have a bike? Don't worry! Contact Pemberton Bike Co or
the Paddle Barn to rent one for the event.
- Food will be available at the later stop, but bring snacks and
water to tide you over
- Early bird gets the worm! Vendors tend to run out of the
popular items late day.
- Be careful of cars. Pemberton Meadows residents still use the
road the day of the event. Stick to the side of the road, don't
ride 4 or 5 wide please.
More information on vendors and registration will be made
available closer to the event.