Pemberton Slow Food Cycle 2019 - Aug 18, 2019
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019
Where: Pemberton Meadows
Admission: $5 Per Person, $20 Per Family
Enjoy a pedal powered ride up the Pemberton Meadows during the 2019 Pemberton Slow Food Cycle. Connect with the local farming community by purchasing farm fresh produce, tasty treats & more.
About The Slow Food Cycle
The Slow Food Cycle was started back in 2004 as a way to introduce farmers with the local buyers & visiting guests. The event is a showcase of sustainable farming in the Pemberton, Meadows and beyond. The first years of the Slow Food Cycle attracted a mostly local crowd, however, the event has since grown in size and attracts anywhere from 2000 - 4000 people per year.
Participants start the event by parking their car in the Village of Pemberton. Participants first stop is at the event registration booth located at the Old Community Centre grounds (located before the Pemberton Meadows, a can't miss). You can avoid the hassle of having to register in person by pre-registering online at the Tourism Pemberton website (closer to the event).
After registration, begin your pedal powered mission up the Pemberton Meadows. The event typically includes 10 to 15 local farm participants and 40+ vendors. Stop at as many farms as you wish, there is no set schedule! Some of the can't miss stops include: Bandit Farms, Across the Creek Organics / The Beer Farmers and Helmer's Organic farm.
Across the Creek Organics
Items available for purchase include; fresh produce, baked goods, clothing, artwork, jewelry, food, homemade cosmetics and more. The furthest participant is 11 KM up the Pemberton Meadows. The event is bike in bike out!
- Event runs from 9 AM to 3 PM. But make sure to get there early, as popular items sell out quickly!
- Cost is $5 per person, or $20 per family.
- Pre-register for the event at the Tourism Pemberton website. (Closer to the event)
- Bring cash, almost all vendors are cash only.
- Don't forget a basket, backpack or bags for all your purchases.
- Bring your hat, sunscreen and plenty of water.
- There will be food available for lunch, however popular food items tend to sell out. Make sure you pack snacks and even a lunch if you don't want to go hungry.
- Looking for a bike rental? Contact Pemberton Bike Co or the Paddle Barn to rent a bike for the day. If you're staying at the Pemberton Valley Lodge you can inquire about using our complimentary bicycles!
- Helmets are not mandatory but are recommended.
- There is no set time on how long the event takes, however plan for at least 2 - 3 hours.