Pemberton Winterfest Returns for 2015
Pemberton Winterfest returns in 2015 with a variety of family friendly, wintery fun activities and events at One Mile Lake! The event is planned for Sunday, January 25th, 2015. (NOTE: this event is weather dependent and subject to change.)
NOTE: DATES HAVE CHANGED (from Jan. 16 - 18 TO Jan. 25th) *
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pemberton Winterfest returns in 2015 with a
variety of family friendly, wintery fun activities and events at
One Mile Lake!
Despite the less than ideal weather conditions this coming weekend, we've decided to forge ahead and celebrate Winterfest as best we can. Come one, come all and bring your Winterfest cheer!
Friday, January 16th - MUSIC - 9 PM
- Dakota Pearl at the Legion at 9 PM
- Entry by suggested donation of $5
Sunday, January 25th - WINTER CARNIVAL - 1 PM to 6 PM
- Polar Bear Plunge at 1 PM - costumes encouraged!
- Ice Fishing
- Hot Dogs & S'Mores
- Graffiti Snow Painting
- Outdoor Movie
- Pemberton Wish Lanterns at 5:30 PM*
- Fireworks at 6 PM*
In the event of rain in the evening, the Wish Lanterns and Fireworks will be canceled.
Parking will be available at the Old Highways Yard behind the Visitor Centre and at the Pemberton Community Centre.
There will be no parking available at One Mile Lake from January 24th to 25th, 2015.
Sunday, January 25 - 4 PM - 6:30 PM
A free shuttle will run every 15 minutes with pick-up at the Pemberton Valley Lodge and the Pemberton Community Centre parking lots as well as the Old Highways Yard behind the Visitor Centre.
We recommend accessing One Mile Lake via the trail that leaves from beside the Old Highway's Yard / Community Garden or via the boardwalk off of Highway 99.
If you're going to enjoy the evening festivities on Sunday night, we suggest you bring a headlamp or two for your walks to and from the lake.
POLAR BEAR PLUNGE TIPS
- If you have a heart condition - just watch the event!
- Children must be with and stay with an adult while in the water.
- Please leave your dog at home.
- Do not drink - alcohol does not warm you up - it accelerates hypothermia.
- Do not stay in the water longer than 15 minutes. Body heat is lost 25 times faster in water than in the air.
- Keep your clothing on until plunge time.
- After your plunge, visit the Innergex tent on-site for hot chocolate and free gift.
Looking to extend your celebration? Pemberton's own Art Collective is hosting an Art Show at 7 PM on Sunday, January 25. Learn more about the Artist Collective on their Facebook page!
* NOTE: This event is weather dependent. Dates and activities are subject to change.
Visit the Pemberton Winterfest website for more details and up-to-date news!
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2015