Your BC Road Trip Planner — Pemberton Edition
Destination BC - Award Winning Video Complements Our Beauty
Just in time for summer road trip plans, Destination BC's video about our lovely province won accolades at a recent competition. You should really watch the video below to get a sense for all the gorgeousness within our province. British Columbia, from the vast, rocky coast all the way to the Rocky Mountains contains millennia of forest, groves, peaks, valleys and waters. From rushing rivers to calm turquoise glacial lakes to the raging ocean waves, water surrounds us and holds us.
See British Columbia - A Road Trip Planner Can Help
British Columbia's roads wind through mountains and across the fields and vineyards of the Okanagan, often providing as much pleasure as the destination you are heading toward. Using the stand-by BCAA is a great first step in creating the perfect road trip for your summer vacation.
But now there are so many more ways to expand that planning. You're probably familiar with Google Maps, and have used Google Earth to search the globe for far off places. But do you know the full extent of Google Maps usefulness in creating an entire road trip itinerary? And what about other options, such as Trip Advisor Maps? Read on.
- Custom Google Maps - Take Google Maps to the extreme and use the custom maps feature to be able to collaborate with a group and design exactly the map you want for your trip. This article at Map Happy fills in the details.
- Tripadvisor Maps actually doesn't include Pemberton yet, so it isn't a great option for this exercise.
- Tripomatic (now Sygic Travel) - Wow is this easy to use. And yes, it includes Pemberton. A full itinerary is waiting for you with a few clicks!
- Traveller's Point - If you are planning a full British Columbia road trip, use this great resource to create a map of your entire trip. We created a quick circle tour including Whistler, Pemberton and Lillooet, and it was a breeze.
- We Took the Road Less Traveled - What a great resource this website/blog is for potential road trippers. This page gives a step-by-step run-down of how to create an entire Google Maps itinerary from scratch. Add in destinations, attractions and hotels (like the Pemberton Valley Lodge, for example!) and you've got your entire trip planned to the minute.
- Outdoor Blueprint - This website helps you go from your home to the destination, reminding us of the old fashioned Triptiks from before the Internet was a thing in our daily lives. Create a route from home to your destination and back again, including Pemberton and all the places you'll want to see along the way.
- Triptik Planner - And, of course, BCAA does offer a Triptik online now. It's just like the old fashioned ones you used to receive in the mail, but online. Plan your entire British Columbia road trip using their Triptik, and add in all the Pemberton features you need along the way. The Triptik includes handy features like a "gas price monitor" helping you with prices as well as locations of service stations.
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2015