Embracing Winter in Pemberton, BC
Welcome to Pemberton, British Columbia, a hidden gem nestled in the coastal mountains, where winter isn't just a season—it's a playground for adventure!
From scenic hikes to cozy evenings by the fire, this guide covers the top winter activities that make Pemberton a must-visit destination.
Winter Hikes in Pemberton
Pemberton's hiking trails transform into a winter wonderland, offering unique experiences for nature enthusiasts.
- Joffre Lakes: A moderately challenging trail, Joffre Lakes is a winter spectacle with its frozen lakes and waterfalls. The 10 km round trip rewards hikers with stunning views of ice formations and snow-draped landscapes.
- Nairn Falls: A shorter 3 km hike, perfect for families or those seeking a less strenuous walk. The frozen Nairn Falls is a spectacular sight, showcasing the raw beauty of nature in winter.
- One Mile Lake: Ideal for a leisurely stroll, One Mile Lake offers a tranquil setting. The loop around the lake is a peaceful escape and is a short walk from Pemberton Valley Lodge.
Safety Tips for Winter Hiking:
- Dress in layers and wear waterproof clothing.
- Check trail conditions before you go.
- Bring water, snacks, and a first-aid kit.
- Crampons/spikes for slippery conditions
Pemberton Skiing & Snowboarding
Pemberton becomes a winter hub for ski and snowboard enthusiasts, offering diverse experiences for all skill levels.
- Backcountry Skiing/Snowboarding: Pemberton's backcountry is a paradise for the more adventurous. With untouched powder and breathtaking vistas, it's an exhilarating experience. Be sure to go with an experienced guide and carry avalanche safety equipment.
- Whistler Blackcomb: Just a short drive away, Whistler Blackcomb is one of North America's premier ski destinations. With over 200 trails, it caters to all levels, from beginners to experts. The Peak 2 Peak gondola ride between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains offers stunning views and allows you to easily ride both hills on the same day.
Tips for a Safe Skiing/Snowboarding Experience:
- Wear appropriate gear, including helmets and goggles.
- Take a lesson if you're a beginner.
- Stay within marked trails and respect all signs and warnings.
The Beer Farmers
After a day of exploring, what better way to unwind than with a craft beer by an outdoor fire pit?
The Beer Farmers, a local favourite, offers a rustic and cozy ambiance. Their craft beers, brewed with local ingredients, provide a taste of Pemberton you can't find anywhere else. Gather around the fire, share stories of your day's adventures, and enjoy the warmth of good company and great beer.
Ice Fishing Adventures with Pemberton Fish Finder
Ice fishing with Pemberton Fish Finder is an experience that's as Canadian as it gets! In the heart of BC's winter, the lakes around Whistler and Pemberton from November through March become prime spots for this cool activity.
With over 100 years of combined ice fishing expertise, the guides at Pemberton Fish Finder don't just show you the area's beauty - they're all about helping you catch fish. Spaces fill up fast, so book your ice fishing adventure in Pemberton this winter and prepare for some fun, fish, and high fives!
Check out the fishing packages we offer at Pemberton Valley Lodge here.
Cozy up in Pemberton Valley Lodge
After a day full of winter adventures, you'll be excited to return to our cozy lodge. Enjoy warming up by the fire or soaking in the hot tub; simply the cherry on top for a perfect winter day!
Pemberton, BC, is more than just a destination; it's an experience.
Whether you're hiking through serene trails, savouring a local brew by the fire, or carving through the snow on skis or a snowboard, Pemberton offers a winter adventure that is both exhilarating and rejuvenating. So pack your winter gear and get ready to create unforgettable memories in the heart of British Columbia's winter paradise. Let the adventure begin!
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2024