Pemberton: What's Open!
New Proof of Vaccination Takes Effect December 1st, 2021
Effective December 1, 2021 Pemberton Valley Lodge will require all employees and guests over 12 years of age to be fully vaccinated against Covid- 19. We are taking this important step to best protect our employees and those who stay at our property as we navigate the global pandemic. Learn more about our COVID-19 policies including our new Proof of Vaccination policy (effective December 1st, 2021)
Opening for Guests Safely & Responsibly
While still the same great destination, Pemberton has altered our approach to tourism to match the times. The continued health and safety of our guests, staff and community is our number one priority, closely followed by our commitment to providing an unforgettable experience. Remember, we may be wearing masks, but behind them we are wearing our most welcoming smiles.
Pemberton Valley Lodge has always placed the safety and comfort of our guests as a top priority but in light of the pandemic we have implemented even more strategies to ensure this. To read about what we are doing check out our Covid 19 Statement.
We are doing our part and we will be relying on you to do the same. Please keep these considerations in mind in order to help us to maintain everyone’s safety.
COVID-19 Golden Rules
If You Are Travelling...
Skip if Sick
If you or anyone you have come into contact with has been sick in the previous week or has been exhibiting flu like symptoms this is not the time to visit, we look forward to seeing you when you are healthy. There are limited medical resources and at risk groups in the surrounding communities.
In order to keep you safe many businesses have reduced capacity and now require advanced bookings. Know before you go so you don’t miss out. To make things easier for you we’ve compiled a list of the changes being implemented at some of our favourite places below.
Whenever possible stock up on supplies in your own community before travelling to Pemberton. Make sure to bring your own hand sanitizer and a personal face mask.
If shopping is necessary there are local businesses that are open but it is imperative that you take the following precautions; limit the number of people shopping, wash your hands frequently, wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and follow posted and verbal directions. Some businesses have set aside designated time for vulnerable persons to shop. Please respect this.
Our pace is changing. Keep in mind that more frequent and thorough cleaning procedures may result in longer waits or reduced tour times but these practices are put in place to better keep ourselves and you safe.
Some of the most desirable places to visit may draw a crowd, please consider rescheduling your visit for a less busy period in order to maintain a physical distance of 2 meters.
With so many awesome sports and activities at our fingertips in Pemberton it’s easy to get excited; we would like to remind you to play within your comfort zone so as not to overwhelm the limited health care resources at this time.
As the Covid 19 situation progresses both locally and globally we must continue to review and adjust our responses and thus the below information may be subject to change. We ask that you follow all posted signage and direction from employees wherever you visit.
General New Info:
Duffey Lake Road (Highway 99) is closed for essential travel only until further notice.
Effective immediately through December 14, 2021 non-essential vehicles will be limited to 30 litres per trip to the gas station in the following areas: the Lower Mainland-to-Hope region, the Sea-to-Sky region, Sunshine Coast, the Gulf Islands, and Vancouver Island. People in those areas are also being asked to avoid all non-essential road travel for the fuel restriction period.
The tests will be required of all travellers, regardless of their vaccination status. The requirement will also apply to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Incoming travellers will have to self-isolate until they receive the results of the test.
Canada has temporarily implemented new travel restrictions to incoming travellers from certain countries in response to the omicron variant. See the list here.
PCR rapid tests available for purchase in Whistler, Conference Centre, Hilton Hotel, and Fairmont.
- Open for indoor dining & takeout - Call for Reservations
- Open Wednesday - Sunday 5PM to 7:15PM
- Open Tuesday - Saturday 4PM to 9PM
- Take Out available
- Open for dine in, deliver, and takeout
- Open 7 days a week
- 8AM-2PM and 4PM-8PM
- Take out options
- High-quality BC products from meats & cheeses to baked goods
- Open for dining in Thursday to Monday 12-9PM
- Taking reservations for groups up to 8 people
- QR code menus
- Credit machines and tables are fully sanitized after each use
- QR Code Menus
- Open Monday-Wednesday 11:30AM to 8PM
- Friday-Sunday openings vary from 11:30AM to 9PM
- Staff and guests require masks
Grab a bite to go
- Open Tuesday-Sunday 4PM-8PM
- Deliver options
- Open Tuesday-Saturday 3:30PM-10PM
- Dine-in and takeout available
- Open for takeout only
- Text in your order
- Open Monday - Saturday 6AM-until sold out
- Sunday 7AM-unit sold out
- Open 7 days a week 7AM-3PM
- Available for dine-in or takeout
- Open Monday/Tuesday, Thursday/Friday 9AM-2PM
- Take out only
View this post on Instagram
FOOD TRUCK SCHEDULE FRI, SAT, SUN - featuring food trucks all weekend at the BEER FARMERS. Stop in Friday and Saturday to check out Whistler Venue’s brand new operation! Then wind it down with Whistler Wood Fired Pizza on Sunday. More to come all Summer long. #craftmalt #familyfarm #farmbrewery #eatdrinkbuybc #eatdrinkbuylocal #bcbuylocal #destinationbc #craftbeerbc #bccraftbeer #farmtotable #pemberton #tourismpemberton #vancouver #vancity #vancitybuzz #vancouverisawesome #explorebc #dailyhivevan #travel #beautifulbc #craftbeerbc #bccraftbeer #bcaletrail #hellobc #destinationbc
Food & Drinks Experiences:
- Tasting room open daily
- Monday-Friday 1PM-6PM
- Saturday-Sunday 12PM-7PM
- Dine-in or take 7 days a week
- Tasting room is open for limited amount of people
- Open Friday and Saturday
- Order online and pickup or arrange a local delivery
- Tastings limited to 2 products if people are waiting
- Open daily
- Guests and staff required to wear masks indoors
- Curbside pickup available
- Finished for the season, back again in June
Have Some Fun
One of the greatest things about Pemberton is our abundant outdoors activities that allow for natural physical distancing.
"Please, go outside. Go outside with your family... but do it in a way that maintains that distance." -Dr Bonnie Henry B.C.'s provincial health officer.
- 2-hour tours available 3 different times a day
- Public and private tours available
- Saddles sanitized between uses
- No group tours, private bookings only
- Face masks required during flight, microphone muffs removed
- Aircrafts cleaned between flights
- All staff and passengers are required to be fully vaccinated
Paddle Barn (CLOSED UNTIL SUMMER SEASON)
- Gear sanitized between tours
- Transportation included if necessary
Whistler Jetboating (CLOSED FOR THE SEASON)
- Fun and safe shooting adventures for everyone - no licence or permit required
- Wednesday-Sunday 10AM-4PM, hours shortened in the winter months
- Reservations required, book online or email
Parks & Trails
Parks and playgrounds in the village of Pemberton are open for public use, however use of these facilities is at your own risk as they are not sanitized regularly. Select public washrooms that are open for use will be sanitized regularly throughout the day. Many of the parks and trails in the surrounding area are also now open with the following exceptions.
Joffre Lakes Provincial park is fully closed at this time. This includes all facilities and access to the trails and parking lots.
All hot springs in the area remain closed, this includes Sloquet, Skookumchuck/Tsek, Keyhole/Pebble Creek and Meager Creek.
One Mile Lake park and boardwalk trails are limited to a single direction to provide social distancing. Please follow posted signs.
Thank you for travelling responsibly; we are excited to welcome you back with open arms (but only for air hugs at this time!)
- We'll be updating this content weekly, as required, so be sure to check in routinely for more updates.
- This information is subject to change. We do our best to keep on top of this information but always check-in with businesses or resources noted directly if you have any questions.
- If you manage a business on this list and you have updates you want included, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Learn More About the Lodge's COVID-19 Response
Go to our COVID-19 Statement page to learn how the Lodge is responding in regards to safety, sanitization, check-ins and more!
If you have any questions about travelling in BC during the COVID-19 pandemic here are a few useful resources:
- Current Status of Local Businesses
- Tourism Pemberton Coronavirus Update
- Destination British Columbia COVID-19 Update
- Government of BC's Response to COVID-19
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020