Pemberton: What's Open!
Opening for Guests Safely & Responsibly
While still the same great destination, Pemberton has altered our approach to tourism to match the times. The continued health and safety of our guests, staff and community is our number one priority, closely followed by our commitment to providing an unforgettable experience. Remember, we may be wearing masks, but behind them we are wearing our most welcoming smiles.
Pemberton Valley Lodge has always placed the safety and comfort of our guests as a top priority but in light of the pandemic we have implemented even more strategies to ensure this. To read about what we are doing check out our Covid 19 Statement.
We are doing our part and we will be relying on you to do the same. Please keep these considerations in mind in order to help us to maintain everyone’s safety.
COVID-19 Golden Rules
If You Are Travelling...
Skip if Sick
If you or anyone you have come into contact with has been sick in the previous week or has been exhibiting flu like symptoms this is not the time to visit, we look forward to seeing you when you are healthy. There are limited medical resources and at risk groups in the surrounding communities.
In order to keep you safe many businesses have reduced capacity and now require advanced bookings. Know before you go so you don’t miss out. To make things easier for you we’ve compiled a list of the changes being implemented at some of our favourite places below.
Whenever possible stock up on supplies in your own community before travelling to Pemberton. Make sure to bring your own hand sanitizer and a personal face mask.
If shopping is necessary there are local businesses that are open but it is imperative that you take the following precautions; limit the number of people shopping, wash your hands frequently, wear a mask, maintain physical distancing, and follow posted and verbal directions. Some businesses have set aside designated time for vulnerable persons to shop. Please respect this.
Our pace is changing. Keep in mind that more frequent and thorough cleaning procedures may result in longer waits or reduced tour times but these practices are put in place to better keep ourselves and you safe.
Some of the most desirable places to visit may draw a crowd, please consider rescheduling your visit for a less busy period in order to maintain a physical distance of 2 meters.
With so many awesome sports and activities at our fingertips in Pemberton it’s easy to get excited; we would like to remind you to play within your comfort zone so as not to overwhelm the limited health care resources at this time.
As the Covid 19 situation progresses both locally and globally we must continue to review and adjust our responses and thus the below information may be subject to change. We ask that you follow all posted signage and direction from employees wherever you visit.
- Open for Take Out Only ~ Call-Ahead Orders Only
- Open for Take Out: Thursday-Monday
Fish & Rice
- Reduced number of tables
- Groups of 2-6
- Take out available for pick up
Grimm’s Gourmet & Deli
- Limited Dine In
- Local Delivery of limited menu when pre-ordered
- Take out options
- Grocery Market of local “foodie” products
- No cash: only cards accepted at this time
- Open until 9 PM for dine in and take out
- Seperate entrances for dine in and take out
- Limited dining room seating, no bar seating
- Groups of 6 maximum
- QR digital menus
Town Square Restaurant
- Patio and limited dining room seating
- Directional flow
- QR Digital menus
- Take out and Grab & go options
Grab a bite to go
- Pizza and Wings all day
- Delivery possible in the afternoon and evenings
- Order and Pick up only
- Take out only
- Purchase from window
Mount Currie Coffee Co
- Limited number of patrons inside, plexiglass barrier
- Phone orders encouraged
- Take out only
- Take out only
- Please leave 2m distance when lining up to order
View this post on Instagram
FOOD TRUCK SCHEDULE FRI, SAT, SUN - featuring food trucks all weekend at the BEER FARMERS. Stop in Friday and Saturday to check out Whistler Venue’s brand new operation! Then wind it down with Whistler Wood Fired Pizza on Sunday. More to come all Summer long. #craftmalt #familyfarm #farmbrewery #eatdrinkbuybc #eatdrinkbuylocal #bcbuylocal #destinationbc #craftbeerbc #bccraftbeer #farmtotable #pemberton #tourismpemberton #vancouver #vancity #vancitybuzz #vancouverisawesome #explorebc #dailyhivevan #travel #beautifulbc #craftbeerbc #bccraftbeer #bcaletrail #hellobc #destinationbc
Food & Drink Experiences
The Beer Farmers
- Newly renovated patio and outdoor area gives more space
- Plexiglass barrier in tasting room, no indoor seating
- Groups of 6 maximum
Pemberton Brewing Company
- Covered patio
- Limited seating
- Plexiglass barriers
- Bottle sales only, no tastings
- 1 customer in shop at a time
- Selling hand sanitizer following WHO formula
North Arm Farm
- Reorganized customer flow
- No indoor seating
Pemberton Farmers’ Market (CLOSED UNTIL NEXT SPRING)
- Every Friday 3:00 - 6:30
- No Samples
- Directional flow for shopping
- No dogs to allow more space
Have Some Fun
One of the greatest things about Pemberton is our abundant outdoors activities that allow for natural physical distancing.
"Please, go outside. Go outside with your family... but do it in a way that maintains that distance." -Dr Bonnie Henry B.C.'s provincial health officer.
Adventures on Horseback
- Groups limited to family or those travelling together
- Natural physical distancing achieved by horseback
- Saddles sanitized between uses
Big Sky Golf (CLOSED FOR GOLF SEASON)
- No Walk-Ins
- Must prearrange carts and rentals
- Access 30 mins prior only
- Do not touch flags
- Rakes, ball cleaners, benches and drinking water stations removed
- No playing through
- Restaurant open with covid protocols
- No group tours, private bookings only
- Face masks required during flight, microphone muffs removed
- Aircrafts cleaned between flights
Paddle Barn (CLOSED UNTIL SUMMER SEASON)
- Walk in welcome, if no one there call and they will come
- Covid 19 cleaning protocols between uses
- No transportation provided, clients must follow behind in own vehicle
- Gear sanitized between tours
Whistler Jetboating (CLOSED UNTIL SUMMER SEASON)
- Advance bookings only, special local’s pricing for everyone
- Access 15 mins prior to arrival only
- Jetboats and life jackets sanitized between tours
- Fun and safe shooting adventures for everyone - no licence or permit required
- Open Wednesday to Sunday
- All equipment sanitized between guests
- Book online or via email
Parks & Trails
Parks and playgrounds in the village of Pemberton are open for public use, however use of these facilities is at your own risk as they are not sanitized regularly. Select public washrooms that are open for use will be sanitized regularly throughout the day. Many of the parks and trails in the surrounding area are also now open with the following exceptions.
Joffre Lakes Provincial park is fully closed at this time. This includes all facilities and access to the trails and parking lots.
All hot springs in the area remain closed, this includes Sloquet, Skookumchuck/Tsek, Keyhole/Pebble Creek and Meager Creek.
One Mile Lake park and boardwalk trails are limited to a single direction to provide social distancing. Please follow posted signs.
Thank you for travelling responsibly; we are excited to welcome you back with open arms (but only for air hugs at this time!)
Learn More About the Lodge's COVID-19 Response
Go to our COVID-19 Statement page to learn how the Lodge is responding in regards to safety, sanitization, check-ins and more!
If you have any questions about travelling in BC during the COVID-19 pandemic here are a few useful resources:
- Current Status of Local Businesses
- Tourism Pemberton Coronavirus Update
- Destination British Columbia COVID-19 Update
- Government of BC's Response to COVID-19
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2020